EBEN - European Business Ethics Network - Research Conference 2019
Topic: Rethinking Business Ethics and CSR: New Research Challenges and Opportunities!
September 26 – September 28 2019
Over the years the AC and the RC had become very similar. Therefore, it has been decided during the last general assembly to change the format of the EBEN research conference in order to bring it back to its initial mission (discussing work in progress).
The format is the following. One theme is proposed by the organizers. In Roskilde this is: “the role of corporations with respect to the Sustainable Development Goals". Researchers who are working on projects or papers related to this theme are invited to submit their proposals. The organizers will select between these proposals. The selected participants are supposed to attend all the sessions during which these papers will be discussed.
Besides the topic chosen by the organizers, other workshops may be organized on a similar basis, each focusing on a specific topic and bringing together at least 10 people. Some people have already mentioned their interest to organize such a workshop in Roskilde.
Workshop proposals can be uploaded before June 1. In principle, we assume that the people who make a proposal will already have some participants in mind. The aim is to invite others to join the group. Therefore, we will post the proposals (and their organizers) on the website so that all interested people can submit their work in progress to the organizers of the workshop.
By July 1 we will fix the program together with the people who organize the workshops.
Participation fee: 250€ (EBEN members), 350€ (non members), 100€ (PhD students & retired academics)
Thursday September 26:
12.00-13.00: Arrival and registration
13.00-13.15: Welcome to the Research Conference
13.00- 15.00: Keynote: Business ethics and the challenges of Sustainability
15:00-15:30: Coffee Break
15.30- 18.00: Research Track Presentations.
20.00: Dinner in Copenhagen
Friday September 27:
10.00-12.30: Research Track Presentations.
12.30-14.00: Lunch at Roskilde University.
14.00-17.00: Research Track Presentations.
20.00: Conference dinner in Copenhagen
Saturday September 28:
Individual meetings and departure
Detailed program will be available soon.
- The role of corporations with respect to the Sustainable Development Goals. Here we study the relation between SDGs, Business Ethics and CSR.
- Environmental Business Ethics: Corporate Behaviors and Responses: Here, we study topics of Environmental Ethics, Greenwashing, Biodiversity, Corporate environmental impacts, Corporate responses to environmental issues,
- Ontology of Management: The aim of the workshop is to contribute to the discussion about ontology of management understood as the different philosophical ontologies but also as the different ontological elements of management.
- Explaining the Scandals: Since the Financial Crisis 2008, the abundance of scandals in both public and private enterprise is clear. This track invites any researcher with whatever disciplinary background to give his or her version of the explanation of the scandals.
- Editorial Ethics: This workshop is interested in discussing and learning from editors as gatekeepers who decide the faith of work submitted to their journals – as a means to achieve transparency and enhanced understanding of the challenges of publication.
- Languages of Business Ethics: This workshop studies the different languages of business ethics throughout Europe. We investigate the different concepts of culture and language and how this has an influence on the practice of business ethics and social responsibility.
- The confusion of business ethics and CSR, Here, we study conceptual definitions and empirical dimensions of business ethics and CSR in order to get a better clarification of the different concepts.
Submission of abstracts: 15 August 2019
Accept of abstracts: 22 August 2019
Deadline for registration: 1 September 2019